We are at 36/52 weeks completed in 2017! Crazy, right? This past week has been a bit busy and brought some exciting things to our family.
1. I’m now mama to a seven-year-old! SEVEN! Where did the time go? I can’t believe my next to youngest is seven. It doesn’t seem remotely possible
2. I’m pleased to report that after two years of my baby girl having an enlarged aorta—she’s now in the normal range! At least, the digital report seems to indicate that all is well with her heart now aside from a bit of a trivial valve insufficiency. Something they don’t even worry about. I’m waiting to hear from the doctor officially.
Reading wise, I still kept a decent pace this week. I didn’t get to read at all for several days because of preparing for possible bad weather from Irma and Arie’s out-of-town cardiology appointment. We’re in the mountain regions of NC but we could still get 40 mph winds and rain. Which, for our small town means that we may lose our electricity. I’m not too worried but still needed to secure things outdoors and have food that can be cooked over an open flame or grilled. Still, I managed to read three books and a half books.
That was pretty much our week! I’m still trying to get Arie set up with a new therapist. We’re waiting on referrals to go through from our doctor’s office and I may have to call again this week. I hate how long this stuff takes!
A mama’s work is never done!
New on the Blog
- [3 Sep] Weekly Wrap Up: Week 35
- [4 Sep] Goodreads Monday
- [4 Sep] Called and Courageous Girls Live Webcast
- [5 Sep] The Beloved Christmas Quilt by Wanda E. Brunstetter, Jean Brunstetter & Richelle Brunstetter ★★★★★
- [6 Sep] Hey, you! Let’s talk about your negativity!
- [6 Sep] Wordless Wednesday: Iris
- [7 Sep] The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding by Alexandra Bracken ★
- [8 Sep] Love Bears All Things by Beth Wiseman ★★★★★
12 Sept: Action Storybook Bible
13 Sept: Fish Boy
14 Sept: Bygone Christmas Brides
15 Sept: Home all Along
16 Sept: Deal or Duel
Goals for this Week