We are a week down in a new year. I’m still wrapping my head around the fact that it’s 2018 and it feels surreal that an entire week is already down. Everything is still fresh and new about the year and with it a sense of hope. Hope for the future, for dreams and plans and security. Things that we ought to embrace every day of the year but sometimes after a particularly bad year—pretending to have a clean slate can be refreshing.
So, here I am, full of hopes and dreams—some of which I can’t yet disclose. Some are life-changing and some are simply bookish. A new Goodreads Challenge is underway and I’m feeling hopeful that I’ll meet and exceed my reading goals again this year.
Anyway, it feels like things are off to a great start aside from the mind-numbing cold that has hit the South. We are not used to these temps of five degrees, I’ll tell you that! So, indulge me a bit…check out what’s new on the blog, take a sip of coffee for me. And if you want, let me know how your new year is going!
Note: I also want to do things a little differently with the wrap-ups this week and just leave a link to the posts while focusing more on goals and challenges. However, I will randomly showcase favorite posts that I think you may want to see!
- [1 Jan] Goodreads Monday 2017
- [1 Jan] The 10 Most Anticipated Books to Read (Q1:2018)
- [2 Jan] Shadow Weaver by MarcyKate Connolly ★
- [3 Jan] Wordless Wednesday: Home
- [3 Jan] My Little Words Devotional (Padded) by Michelle Prater Burke ★★★★½
- [4 Jan] The House on Foster Hill by Jaime Jo Wright ★★★★★
- [5 Jan] DIY Essential Oil Roll-on:Immune Enhance |Aromatherapy
2018 Reading Challenge
2 books completed
1 book ahead of schedule
Progress: 2/104 (2%)