Big updates for this week. I’ve been rather silent that I had a doctor’s visit coming up. I can share information about the children but I feel weird about bringing attention to myself. Having said that, I had my official genetics appointment this past week and at age 35, I’ve been diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Hypermobility Type. That now makes three of six children diagnosed and myself. The bad genes are strong with us!
Speaking of the children, Piper’s surgery date has been set for February 5th. She’s having a VMO advancement with medial patellofemoral ligament reconstruction. Basically, they’re going to take tendons from a donor and reconstruct her knee so that it stops dislocating daily. Due to her postural orthostatic tachycardia and orthostatic hypotension, this will be an inpatient procedure. We crave prayers and well wishes!
Now, all that is out of the way and I want to move right along to the bookishly good stuff!
- [21 Jan] Reflections
- [22 Jan] Goodreads Monday
- [22 Jan] Imperfect Justice by Cara C. Putman ★★
- [23 Jan] The Empowered by Craig Parshall ★★★★★
- [24 Jan] Wordless Wednesday: Adapt
- [25 Jan] Secrets (Sweet Valley High, #2) by Francine Pascal, Kate William ★★★
- [25 Jan] The Angel of Forest Hill by Cindy Woodsmall ★★★★★
- [25 Jan] The Melody of the Soul|Book Review ★★★★★
- [26 Jan] Tyler’s Top 3 Books for the at Home Essential Oil Enthusiast
2018 Reading Challenge
12 books completed
3 book ahead of schedule
Interesting stuff from the book community
(some of my favorites of the week!)
Books to Snuggle Up With During the Winter by Musings of a Coffee Addicted Bibliophile.
Around the World in 80 Pages by Hardcover Haven
And last but not least, as a participant of #TBB, I suggest Secrets, Book 2 – a Sweet Valley High Review by Jami’s Words.
How is your week going? Have you read anything good lately? What is on your TBR pile this week?