I got into a fight with my dryer and the dryer won. This is how week two of 2018 went. Monday Morning I woke to the news that our local schools closed due to cold temps and potentially bad weather. In other words, it was in the twenties and the Southerners were wrecking in their mad dash to the grocery store for bread and milk.
Anyway, I got up and started getting the kids ready for therapy—not at all sure if we were even having it. I decided to call and was told they were closed. Despite the fact that they should have been open for thirty minutes already. Finally, I decided to text one of the receptionists and ask because I had to figure out if I needed to head out or not. I found out their phone lines were messed up and we were having therapy.
So, I started rushing to finish getting ready and realized the shirt I wanted to wear was still damp. I threw it in the dryer, put my hair up and put my boots on. I finished getting the kids ready and decided that my shirt had to be dry and yanked open the dryer, reach in and…CRACK. That crack was my arm. Apparently, my dryer no longer stops when the door is opened. The momentum caught my arm up and yanked it about—resulting in bruising and a trip to my doctor.
The good news is—no break. The bad news—I tested positive for strep while I was there. Yes, I may have mentioned a newly developed low-grade fever and scratchy throat. Remember the ‘Yay! It’s a new year! Let’s be positive!’ post last week? I totally didn’t mean a positive strep test.
Anyway, that’s my start to the new year. Don’t I have such great luck?
- [7 Jan] Reflections
- [8 Jan] Goodreads Monday
- [9 Jan] The Lacemaker by Laura Frantz ★★
- [10 Jan] Wordless Wednesday: Create
- [10 Jan] A Song Unheard|Spotlight
- [11 Jan] A Song Unheard by Roseanna M. White
- [11 Jan] Double Love (Sweet Valley High #1) by Francine Pascal ★★
- [12 Jan] Dauntless: An Uplifting Muscle Support Blend|Aromatherapy
2018 Reading Challenge
5 books completed
2 book ahead of schedule
Progress: 5/104 (5%)
The Angel of Forest Hill by Cindy Woodsmall
Reading Goals this Week
*This week’s goal includes a book from last week. It’s a review book that was delayed by the publisher.
Interesting stuff from the book community
(some of my favorite finds of the week!)
– Vannetta Chapman is Hosting a Giveaway.
– I started a group for those looking to chat about clean reads, get notifications about author chats, review offers I may come across, prayer requests and more.
– BooksNBaubles hosted a fun character chat on her blog this week.
– Thisismytruthnow is hosting a buddy read of Agatha Christie books.
– Reading Every Night has a post called Reading Around the World with some amazing pictures of Venice!
Have you found any awesome posts this week that you’d like to share? How is your reading coming along? Anything crazy happening in 2018 yet?