I’m a slacker. I’m admitting it. It’s August 2nd and I’m finally writing a wrap up for July. And I had actually forgotten about it until I pulled out my blog schedule.
This wrap up is going to be rather short because July was chaotic and I’ve still not recovered. I’m not sure I have the energy to even bring up all that went on for me in July. Nope, I’m good.
Let’s get right into the wrap up!
New in July
- [3 Jul] Goodreads Monday
- [10 Jul] Goodreads Monday
- [17 Jul] Goodreads Monday
- [24 Jul] Goodreads Monday
- [31 Jul] Goodreads Monday
- Unblemished by Sara Ella
- The Gift and The Christmas Secret by Wanda Brunstetter
- The Photograph by Beverly Lewis
- Light of Dawn by Vannetta Chapman
- The Writing Desk by Rachel Hauck
- Dragon Seed by Marty Machowski
- His Guilt by Shelley Shepard Gray
- A Patchwork Christmas by Judith Miller
- Dawn at Emberwilde and A Stranger at Fellsworth by Sarah Ladd
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
- The Christmas Shoppe, The Christmas Bus, and Angels in the Snow by Melody Carlson
- Abiding Mercy by Ruth Reid
- This Life I Live by Rory Feek
- [5 Jul] Hey, You! The Christian Book Blogger…
- [9 Jul] June Wrap Up
- [9 Jul] Weekly Wrap Up: Week 26&27
- [16 Jul] Weekly Wrap Up: Week 28
- Grounded Hearts’ Giveaway and Blog Tour
- [23 Jul] Weekly Wrap Up: Week 29
- [25 Jul] Manuscript for Murder|Spotlight
- [30 Jul] Weekly Wrap Up: Week 30
Book of the Month
From the New York Times bestselling author of The Wedding Dress comes a new captivating novel of secrets, romance, and two women bound together across time by a shared dream.
Tenley Roth’s first book was a runaway bestseller. Now that her second book is due, she’s locked in fear. Can she repeat her earlier success or is she a fraud who has run out of inspiration?
With pressure mounting from her publisher, Tenley is weighted with writer’s block. But when her estranged mother calls asking Tenley to help her through chemotherapy, she packs up for Florida where she meets handsome furniture designer Jonas Sullivan and discovers the story her heart’s been missing.
A century earlier, another woman wrote at the same desk with hopes and fears of her own. Born during the Gilded Age, Birdie Shehorn is the daughter of the old money Knickerbockers. Under the strict control of her mother, her every move is decided ahead of time, even whom she’ll marry. But Birdie has dreams she doesn’t know how to realize. She wants to tell stories, write novels, make an impact on the world. When she discovers her mother has taken extreme measures to manipulate her future, she must choose between submission and security or forging a brand new way all on her own.
Tenley and Birdie are from two very different worlds, but fate has bound them together in a way time cannot erase.