April has flown by! I really cannot believe that we are going into the fifth month of the year already. It feels like Christmas just passed! Last month I talked about some of the stuff going on in our personal life. We made a trek to Winston-Salem for my oldest daughter’s tilt-table test and it is confirmed that she has Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia (Pots) as well as Orthostatic hypotension. It’s a bummer, I don’t know what else to say. As if EDS wasn’t bad enough…
If you recall, we also had the three-year-old fitted for her new orthotics. She picked out Zebra print. Very fitting since May is Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Awareness month!
I know some of my new readers may be wondering about EDS and given that May is right here upon us, I’d like to refer you to a post explaining Ehlers-Danlos. I’d be happy to answer questions as well if you have them.
I hope that no one minds that I’m taking time out to talk a bit about our real-life stuff and not just books but I need to talk about this sometimes. I need to connect with people on a more personal level. I guess I need you all to understand that I’m a real person behind the screen and that my family needs support and understanding. I hope that the small pieces of life that I share with you all maybe lets you know that you’re not alone or maybe I do it so that I know that I’m not alone.
Having said all that, I’ll stop prattling on and share all the updates we’ve had in the month of April!
New in April
- [3 Apr] Amish Cooking Class - The Seekers by Wanda E. Brunstetter ★★★★
- [6 Apr] The Quieting (The Bishop's Family Book #2) by Suzanne Woods Fisher ★★★★
- [10 Apr] The Easter Story by Autumn Ward ★★★★
- [13 Apr] The Decision by Wanda E. Brunstetter ★★½
- [17 Apr] Goodreads Monday
- [18 Apr] Tuesdays with Morrie by ★★★★★
- [20 Apr] Crown of Ice by Vicki L. Weavil ★★
- [24 Apr] Goodreads Monday
- [25 Apr] God Loves Daddy and Me by Bonnie Rickner Jensen ★★★★★
- [26 Apr] Hey, Book Reviewer! Let’s talk about your Ratings.
- [27 Apr] Amish Baby Snatched by Diane Craver ★★
- [29 Apr] Monthly Wrap Up: April 2017
Holy MOLY! I’m really hitting a groove with the blog. For years I’ve wanted to get more organized, do fun posts and make a clear-cut idea on how and went to post. So, I made myself a calendar and figured out a blog plan and schedule. I’ve made a lot of new contacts and got to connect with some really awesome bloggers this past month. I’m so excited to see where all this takes me. I’m also super excited to reopen my shop sometime this year…solely focusing on bookish gifts! I’m loving my little book niche and have fully embraced it.
Book of the Month
My favorite book reviewed this month is Tuesdays with Morrie. It may not have the prettiest cover out of all the books I’ve reviewed this month but you can’t judge a book by the cover! If you haven’t given it a chance, you should!