Yikes, it’s nine days into the month of July and I’m only now writing a wrap up for June. Why? Well, I went on vacation. I took my laptop and fully intended to blog but alas, the wifi at the beach house was so slow that it took five full minutes just to load my dashboard. You know what I said to that? You guessed it, I said to heck with it.
There’s a lot to report about our trip and some things I need to discuss with my bloggers but I’ll not do that here because this is about June and our trip wasn’t until July. So, please be on the lookout for my weekly wrap up or maybe even a post where I muse.
Let’s get right into what was on the blog in June so I can get all caught up and share fun stuff from the beach!
New in June
- [1 Jun] What the Bishop Saw by Vannetta Chapman ★★★★★
- [2 Jun] Amish Brides|Spotlight
- [4 Jun] Weekly Wrap Up: Week 22
- [5 Jun] Goodreads Monday
- [6 Jun] Upon a Spring Breeze by Kelly Irvin ★
- [7 Jun] Hey, You! Read what you love!
- [8 Jun] Counted With the Stars (Out from Egypt, #1) by Connilyn Cossette ★★★★★
- [9 Jun] Breakwater by Catherine Jones Payne ★★★★
- [10 Jun] With You Always Q&A with Jody Hedlund|Spotlight
- [11 Jun] Weekly Wrap Up: Week 23
- [11 Jun] The Cramm Award
- [12 Jun] Goodreads Monday
- [13 Jun] Amish Brides by Jennifer Beckstrand, Amy Lillard ★★
- [14 Jun] An Awakened Heart (Orphan Train, #0.5) by Jody Hedlund ★★★★★
- [15 Jun] Shadow of the Storm by Connilyn Cossette ★★★★★
- [16 Jun] 2017 Christmas in July Reading Challenge
- [17 Jun] Devoted by Marjorie Jackson ★★★★
- [18 Jun] Weekly Wrap Up: Week 24-Repost OH MY!
- [19 Jun] Goodreads Monday
- [20 Jun] An Amish Summer by Shelley Shepard Gray, Amy Clipston, Kathleen Fuller, Kelly Irvin ★★★½
- [21 Jun] With You Always by Jody Hedlund ★★★★★
- [22 Jun] The Farmers’ Market Mishap (Lopsided Christmas Cake #2) by Wanda E. Brunstetter, Jean Brunstetter ★★★★★
- [24 Jun] Soul Ripping Romance Tag
- [25 Jun] Weekly Wrap Up: Week 25
- [25 Jun] I’VE BEEN NOMINATED | BLOGGER RECOGNITION AWARD
- [26 Jun] Goodreads Monday
- [27 Jun] The Girl Who Could See|Spotlight
- [27 Jun] The Girl Who Could See by Kara Swanson ★★★★
- [28 Jun] Israel – God’s Heart by Ron Gafni, Kathleen Barrett ★★★★
- [29 Jun] Wings of the Wind (Out from Egypt #3) by Connilyn Cossette ★★★★½
Book of the Month
Shadow of the Storm by Connilyn Cossette
Series: Out From Egypt,
Published by Bethany House on October 18th 2016
Genres: Biblical Fiction, Christian Fiction, Historical
In the Depth of the Storm’s Shadow, Only Truth Can Light Her Way
Having escaped Egypt with the other Hebrews during the Exodus, Shira is now living in freedom at the foot of Mt. Sinai, upon which rests the fiery glowing Cloud containing the shekinah glory of God. When the people disobey Yahweh and build a golden idol, the ensuing chaos gives Shira an unexpected opportunity to learn the arts of midwifery. Although her mother wishes for her to continue in the family weaving trade, Shira’s gifts shine brightest when she assists with deliveries. In defiance of her mother, Shira pursues her heart’s calling to become an apprentice midwife.
When a delivery goes horribly wrong, Shira finds herself bound to a man who betrayed her, the caretaker of three young children, and the target of a vengeful woman whose husband was killed by Shira’s people, the Levites. As contention between the Hebrew tribes and the foreigners fans the flames of another dangerous rebellion, Shira will come face-to-face with the heartbreak of her past that she has kept hidden for so long. How can she let go of all that has defined her to accept the love she’s denied herself and embrace who she truly is?