In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for links to products from this post. However, I only recommend products that I personally love and use myself!
One of my favorite DIY projects for the home is foaming hand soap. It’s cheaper than buying foaming hand soap in the store and I get complete control over the ingredients.
I started making foaming hand soap back in 2016 after reading Plant Therapy’s Fabulous Foaming Hand Soap recipe and I’ve never looked back. However, winter absolutely wrecks my hands. I knew I wanted to tweak the recipe to include infused oatmeal and lavender. Oatmeal and lavender are soothing for my dry, itchy skin, making it the perfect choice for winter.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does! Be sure to check out the original recipe as well that I’ve linked above.
DIY Oatmeal and Lavender Foaming Hand Soap
Soothing foaming hand soap infused with lavender and oatmeal.
- Pour 3 cups of boiling water over 1/4 cup old-fashioned steel-cut oats and lavender buds.
- Let sit for 2 hours and then strain to remove oats and lavender buds from the water.
- Fill 16 oz foaming pump dispenser 2/3 full with the infused oatmeal and lavender water.
- Add 3 TBSP Castile Soap
- Add 0.5 – 1.5% optiphen plus (approximately 1/2 tsp for 0.5%)
- Add 15 drops of Lavender Essential oil (Skin Soother is also a good choice)
- Replace Cap and shake
Disclaimer: This post is for educational purposes only. The information discussed on this website has not been evaluated by the FDA. This post is not to diagnose, prescribe, or treat medical conditions or disease. You are encouraged to seek advice from a licensed medical practitioner regarding medical issues before using aromatherapy. A Simply Enchanted Life, Kristin Lail or Guest bloggers will not be held liable for any actions performed by those viewing this website.